Here are a few links to other sites that you may use for reference. All links below redirect to sites outside of the Alabama Crime Victims' Compensation Commission web site. They are provided as a courtesy to assist you in gathering information and acquiring assistance. The Alabama Crime Victims' Compensation Commission does not endorse any particular agency and is not responsible for information on outside agency sites.
The Alabama State Victim Notification Service (AlaVINE) is a service through which victims of crime can use the telephone or internet to search for information regarding their offender's custody status and register to receive telephone and e-mail notification when the offender's custody status changes. This service is brought to you by the Alabama Attorney General's Office and the Alabama Criminal Justice Information Center. The VINE toll-free number for AlaVINE is 1-877-846-3425.
Visit the AlaVINE website today.
Other Crime Victim's Assistance Groups
- The Official Office for Victims of Crime
- Psych Central
- National Crime Victims Research and Treatment Center
State and Government Departments
- Code of Alabama Establishing the Alabama Crime Victims Compensation Commission
- Alabama Attorney General's Office of Victims Assistance - Statewide Victim Service Officers
- Administrative Office of the Courts
- Alabama Attorney General
- Alabama's Legal Information Network
- The Alabama House of Representatives
- The Judicial Inquiry Commission
- The Alabama Legislature
- The Alabama Senate
- The Alabama Secretary of State
- Alabama Board of Pardons and Paroles
- Alabama Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation
- Office of the Governor of Alabama
- The Bureau of Justice Assistance
- Alabama Department of Corrections
- Alabama Department of Public Safety
- United States Senate
State Victims Compensation Agencies
Other Useful Sites
- The Crime Policy (The Criminal Justice Policy Foundation)
- World Heath Organization
- Safeplace, Inc.
- Parents for Megan’s Law and the Crime Victims Center (PFML/CVC)